ABOUT CLUB WINDANG
Our venue is a popular little club situated by the Windang Bridge & Lake Illawarra! Renowned for its genuine friendly service, we have been attracting locals and tourists alike. After renovations, and new constructions, we now have the following facilities:
- Two eateries, this regions famous Wok & Grill Asian Bistro and our *NEW* BAR 2-SIX with Pizza, burgers & our signature cocktail range.
- Bothe eateries have their designated dining space that have views of the lake.
- Spacious Main Lounge Area with our NEW massive screen
- Dedicated Gaming Lounge and Tab Facilities
- Competition Level bowling green, with barefoot bowls available for parties.
- Outdoor front green with boasting views or Lake Illawarra.
- Front Green perfect for family gatherings, especially on Fridays & Sundays for Live Entertainment.
- Our Front Green has ample seating for large gatherings and Seaside themed playground.
- *NEW* Front Green features include festive lighting & firepits to cosy up near.
- Our Auditorium, caters as a shared dining area for both eateries as well as our large function space. We have been lucky enough to host soirees, celebrations, benefits, galas, fundraisers, shindigs! For a more corporate setting we accommodate for: meetings, events, presentations & work training.
Windang Bowls Club is situated between Lake Illawarra and the Pacific Ocean.
Lake Illawarra is a beautiful salt-water lake surrounded by parkland, beaches and children’s playgrounds.
This natural wonderland is a top spot for fishing, prawning, boating, windsurfing and yachting, and our club is situated just meters from the lake’s edge overlooking the lake’s entrance to the sea.
Windang is approximately 1.5 hours drive south of Sydney airport, approximately 20 mins drive south of the Wollongong CBD and is 10 mins to Shellharbour City.
Other nearby attractions unique to our area include:
- The Minnamurra Rainforest National Park
- The Science Centre and Planetarium
- The Nan Tien Temple (the largest Buddhist territory in the Southern Hemisphere)
- The scenic mountain railway “The Cockatoo Run”
Both cities offer many attractions including shopping, sightseeing, entertainment facilities and also a selection of restaurants, cafes and clubs.